Who doesn’t love Thanksgiving? The fourth Thursday in November is nearly every Americans favorite holiday. And what’s not to like? The focus is on food, family and fun. No matter how one celebrates, at the center of this uniquely ecumenical holiday is its focus on being thankful for the bounty that has been bestowed upon all of us by our Creator.
Realtors are among those who are grateful this Thanksgiving. In addition to being thankful for faith, freedom, family and friends, having the opportunity to sell real estate and showcase the golden Marshes of Glynn is a privilege that is not overlooked by our local Realtors. More than the natural beauty of the area, our coastal environment helps area real estate professional market more than a location; rather, they are able to engage their clients in the coastal lifestyle.
“This season I’m grateful for freedom to work and worship as I choose. I’m thankful that my family and I live in the safest, greatest country on Earth, and that St. Simons Island – our home – is a true community.”
“While my desire is to live each day with a thankful heart, the month of November is a great time to share our love and appreciation with others. I am extremely grateful for my real estate career, the Roland Daniel Properties team, clients who have become friends, and a strong support system that has allowed me to serve buyers and sellers in the Golden Isles. (Without Stan the Man and Hart Smodic, none of this would be possible!) I love this community so much, what a privilege to live and work here! My treasures are my entire family, my friends, my church family and my amazing clients – each and every one of you bring such joy to my life!
“We are blessed beyond measure to call the Golden Isles home and are truly graeful for the support of friends, neighbors, and our entire community. We are deeply thankful for the people that make our business what it is today…our clients, our staff, our REALTORS, and everyone that shares a piece of what makes our company so special. The heart of our business is people – and for that we are extremely grateful. ”
– Pat Cooper, broker/owner, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hodnett Cooper
“First and foremost I am thankful to the Lord for my health and all the many blessings he has given me. Some of those blessings include my family and my work family, success in business and many great friends. I am also thankful to have been born an American and to live in the greatest country on this Earth. Our country is not perfect but I know of no better place to live.” – Frank DeLoach, owner/broker, DeLoach Sotheby’s International Realty
“I am thankful for my family and my friends and the great times that we have when we are together. Also, I’m thankful to have the opportunity to live, work and be with friends and family in such an inspiring place. The multi-colored majestic sunsets, the cathedral-like oak trees and the enduring horizon from the beach give me a feeling of awe. I am grateful to have these reminders that a loving God is really in charge of it all.” – Ann Harrell, Realtor, DeLoach Sotheby’s International Realty
“I am thankful to have a wonderful supportive wife, children and grandchildren who are healthy and successful, a great real estate company where all of the agents are happy and work as a family, and good buddies who put up with me on the golf course and our poker games. Most thankful for our men and women who serve or have served in the military and allow us to be thankful for everything else.” – Bill Keim, owner/broker, GardnerKeim Coastal Realty
“I am thankful for my family and all the nice people I work with.” – Pam Timbes, broker, Palmetto Realty Group
I am thankful to have called the Golden Isles home my entire life. I have an amazing and talented husband, family, friends and coworkers that work hard to make a difference in our community and the lives of others. I am blessed in both my business and personal life and for that I am extremely grateful. Oh, and of course I am the proud mama of two fantastic Golden Retrievers that love Marc and I without reservation! – Missy Neu, CFO, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hodnett Cooper
I just wanted to tell you what I am thankful for this holiday season. Fall is my favorite time of year and I love to see the climate begin to get cooler, leaves changing their colors, oyster roasts and holiday parties with family and friends begin. I am very thankful and blessed to have good health and such wonderful family and friends. Thankful for the many blessings that the good Lord has provided us all year. I am thankful to now have my son and daughter, both in the real estate business, working by my side each day. Thankful God provided us all safety during the hurricane season and took care of Glynn County. Most of all I am thankful we live in the Good Ole USA with the liberty of our freedom and a free country. I am very thankful for our President and all who serve in our military. God Bless the USA! – LeAnn Duckworth, owner and broker, Duckworth Properties
As my 39th year on Jekyll Island winds down, I look back and realize I have much to be thankful for. Here are just a few things that come to mind …
• In 1981, the love of my life said “yes” and we were married at Faith Chapel in the Historic District.
• There are no traffic lights here on Jekyll Island – a few stop signs and an island-wide speed limit of 35 mph (or less) seem to do the trick.
• My real estate career began in 1989 when Skip Adamson and Frank Cerrato hired me as a rookie sales agent and 15 years later, I ventured out on my own, purchasing Jekyll Realty. While Jekyll Realty continues to thrive, this past January we opened a second firm with both Skip and Frank spearheading the team, Seaside Realty.
• We have really good friends, great neighbors and a wonderful sense of community here.
• An “Annual Pass Only” lane is coming to the entry pavilion on Jekyll Island.
• The revitalization of Jekyll Island, including the new Beach Village shopping area, numerous dining options, Jekyll Mosaic Museum and two new oceanside residential neighborhoods, have all been completed while maintaining two thirds of the island in its untouched, pristine and natural state.
• My knowledgeable co-workers that constantly go the extra mile at both Jekyll Realty and Seaside Realty.
• Breathtaking sunrises over the ocean, stunning sunsets over the marsh and the time to appreciate them both.
Did I mention we don’t have a traffic light on Jekyll? – CJ Jefferies, owner/broker, Jekyll Realty