We rounded up some tastemakers and asked them to share their favorite businesses and brands to follow on social media platforms. Find inspiration in their suggestions and add some new accounts to your own network – we encourage you to connect and engage!
@laurenbhopkins + @lbhprco
Originally from Augusta, Lauren has lived on St. Simons Island for 15 years. She owns LBH & Co., a PR company amplifying notable lifestyle clientele nationwide. She is married to Lee, an island native, and together they have two children – Grace, 7, and Ford, 4.
• David Yarborough (@DavidYarborough). While I am not a member of (St. Simons) Community Church, many of its leaders have made an indelible impact on my life including the pastor, David. He is a steadfast leader for our community who provides spiritual guidance, uplifting support and unwavering faithfulness. I’m always thankful to see his prayer times and videos show up on my feed. And I make a habit of listening to his sermons.
• Mary Adkins, Author (@maryadkinsauthor). Mary was one of my first childhood friends. She was always talented, and her gifts are showing their merit now with two nationally recognized books (“Privilege” and “When You Read This”) under her belt. Her voice and skills are showcased on her Facebook page. There, she offers writing tips and resources that are advantageous for anyone who uses the written word on a daily basis.
• The Brunswick News (@TheBrunswickNews). Can The Brunswick News be a “friend?” Hoping so, because I rely upon their feed for the latest local news.
• Paloma Contreras – The Houston-based interior designer shares a bevy of inspirational interior, lifestyle and wanderlust images. Her book is fabulous, too!
• Garden & Gun – The magazine remains one of my favorite monthly reads. And, the publication’s Pinterest account is like the “greatest hits” of their publication. It’s a wonderful way to find an article that will make you think, a new recipe to try or just the right gift for an upcoming occasion.
• DaveRamsey (@DaveRamsey) – He provides quick and reasonable reminders about proven ways to manage finances, insurance and more.
• The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) – my preferred source of national and business news.
• People Magazine (@People) – Because I don’t have much time to keep up with pop culture, this feed provides the highlights at-a-glance.
• @DrewHolcombMusic – I could listen to Ellie and Drew’s harmonies all day and their #kitchencovers series might be the best thing that came out of COVID quarantine. Their cover of “Crowded Table” by The Highwomen is goose-bump-raising! Bonus – their adorable children and family dance parties are always good for a smile.
• @LizMoody – A relatable resource for nutritious twists on favorite recipes like healthy apple crisp and grain-free s’more brownies. Her smile and positivity are infectious.
fashion icon: @blaireadiebee | foodie: @thedefineddish
shop: @madredallas + @omarandelsie | restaurant:
@callieshotlittlebiscuit | interior designer: @collins_interiors | humor: @dudewithasign | mindfulness: @cleerelystated | influencer: @lizadams + @bagather | brand: @biscuithome | celeb: @katieleekitchen | sports star: @braves | artist: @wellandwonder + @dorothyshain | musician: Nicolle Galyon @nicatnitemusic | hotel: @thecolonypalmbeach
Ginny’s feed is full of all things fashion, food, family, friends and her dog, Lu. Originally from Athens, she and her husband have been St. Simons Island transplants for the last eight years. Since moving here, she has had the opportunity to work for TIBI and One Love Organics. She grew up vacationing on St. Simons but now she is happy to call it home all year long!
I keep my Facebook mostly friends and family personal accounts. However, I do find the local SSI forums on FB informative and highly entertaining.
For me it is less about the accounts I follow and more about searches. “How-to …” – how to pick an exterior paint color, how to choose plants for landscaping and then how to take care of the plants.
fashion icon: @blaireadiebee +
@tamumcpherson + @aimeesong | foodie: @loveandoliveoil +
@cremedelacrumb1 + @thedefineddish –They all help answer the question, “What’s for dinner?” | shop: @shackelfordshoes + @violas_market +
@vinegardenmarket – great local SSI shops | restaurant: @indigocoastalshanty +
@georgiaseagrill | interior designer:
humor: ALL the meme accounts +
@smidge_and_doodle – I like to watch other Boston terriers act as crazy as mine does. | mindfulness: @greatbigstory + @humansofny + @thedodo – Sometimes I show the animal rescue videos to my dog to remind her how good she’s got it! | influencer: @marylawlesslee +
@annamaegroves + @evachen212 | brand: @opusmind.sf – Driven by sustainability, their circular backpack is at the top of my wishlist. | celeb: @chrissyteigen | sports star: @braves + @georgiafootball – Go Dogs! | artist: @jenniferamen musician: @dollyparton | hotel: @rwmayakoba the Rosewood Mayakoba Resort, If only I were there right now … | notable mention of one you just love: @napkinapocalypse – she is so creative, rooted in mindfulness, funny and honest.
@seaisland + @dustybrown01
Dusty moved to St. Simons Island in 2010 after spending a summer on Junior Staff at Sea Island, and is now on the marketing team for the resort. He serves on the board of Golden Isles Arts & Humanities and volunteers weekly for the St. Simons Sea Turtle Patrol. In the few moments he isn’t running, you can find him on the water in a kayak or at the Beach Club with a book.
All my friends back home! It’s rare that I get there, so this keeps me in touch from afar.
UGA Extension – Their pins teach you something every day about living a healthy and productive life in Georgia.
Explore Georgia – Living here is great, but sometimes you’ve got to get off the rock. EG continually shares about destinations and experiences throughout the Peach State.
interior designer: @JamesTFarmer
sports star: @GardnerMinschew5
hotel: @SeaIsland, of course!
notable mention of one you just love:
@ForHeavenBakes. Her talent is unreal.
Sallie has a love for pretty things, yummy food and a scenic view, preferably with a cocktail in hand, surrounded by great friends and family. She may reside in Atlanta, but her roots will forever stay on St. Simons, and that is where you often will find her!
fashion icon: @juliaberolzheimer
shop: @twofriends_stsimons (Duh, my mom owns it!)
interior designer: @kensoninteriorsco
humor: @heatherkmcmahan or @thelesliejordan
mindfulness: @daily_bibleverses + @iceman_hof
celeb: @jennifergarner + @reesewitherspoon
artist: @elaineburgeart + @laurentaylorcreates
hotel: @graduatehotels + @innatserenbe
notable mention of one you just love: @dogs