Local restaurants have answered the call during the COVID-19 pandemic by offering new options. We’re spotlighting a few St. Simons Island and Brunswick restaurants, but there are many others that are answering the call and modifying their schedules, menus and serving methods to meet the challenge. Just check your favorite eatery’s social media page or website for updates.
• Bistro Eleven88 – Full menu and daily family specials. Takeout and curbside pickup. are available for takeout and curbside pickup. Dinner specials include a salad, entree and side dishes, such as garden salad, Bistro pot roast and gravy, mashed potatoes and garlicky green beans. Prices vary. Call 912-267-9940 by 5 p.m. the day prior to order. Specials for the week are posted on the Bistro Eleven88 Facebook page.
• Indigo Coastal Shanty – Hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays; 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Fridays and 4-8:30 p.m. Saturdays. Serving full menu, daily lunch and dinner specials and family-style meals for two and four people. Curbside service and take out available. To order, call 912-265-2007. Check www.indigocoastalshanty.com for new developments and details, or visit @indigocoastalshanty on Facebook or Instagram.
• Pizza Inn – Hours are 10:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m. daily.Undergoing a remodel during the midst of the current pandemic wasn’t easy, but that is the path the 47-year-old restaurant has been traveling. When Charlie Middleton bought the property, his wife, Peggy, said it was “out in the middle of nowhere,” which is a testament to how the city has grown in the past five decades. Pizza Inn is open for curbside service, and their regular menu is available. Call 265-2899 to order.
• Tipsy McSway’s – Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. Serving the full menu, and daily specials on food, beer and wine. Large containers of fresh-squeezed lime juice and gallon jugs of tea and lemonade are also for sale. Delivery is available through Island Time Takeout and H2O Creative Group is partnering with Tipsy’s for online ordering. Every to-go box is decorated, and customers who receive one designed by Ed Hose win a Tipsy T-shirt. Check social media for events like trivia night, co-hosted by Crawford Perkins, owner of SoGlo Guitar Gallery.
• Tortuga Jack’s – Hours are 11 a.m.-9 p.m. daily. Serving the regular menu, daily specials and family meals for up to six, beginning at $29.95. Promotions include 30 percent off for teachers and school staff, including bus drivers, on Thursdays, 30 percent off for healthcare workers on Fridays and 30 percent off for service industry workers and small business owners on Saturdays and Sundays. From April 23-30, graduating seniors from local schools will receive a free order of nachos. Drive-thru and curbside service is available. Delivery is through Island Time Takeout.
St. Simons Island
• Bubba Garcia’s – Hours are from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.daily. Serving the full menu, daily specials and on Sundays, some brunch items. Kids eat free as long as the shelter-in-place order is in effect. Also on the menu are rosé and wine margaritas by the gallon or half gallon, as well as a taco bar for $10 per person and a fajita bar for $14 per person. A full range of Bubba’s caps, T-shirts and other swag is also available.
• Crabdaddy’s – Crabdaddy’s Seafood Grill is hosting pop-ups in its food truck in the restaurant parking lot several days a week for lunch. Enjoy items from the menu of their new sister restaurant, Fiddler’s at 410 Arnold, such as bacon-wrapped scallops served over cheese grits ($12), pulled pork and cabbage egg rolls with a coconut rice and cucumber salad ($10), shrimp (fried or blackened) over rice and slaw bowls ($10). Follow social media for dates. They open at 11 a.m. and stay open until they run out, which is usually within the hour.
• Delaney’s Bistro & Bar – Hours 5-8 p.m. every day. Offering a streamlined menu of weekly specials, which is available on the restaurant website at www.delaneysbistro.com. Pickup and curbside takeout are both options. Orders should be placed by calling 912-638-1330, preferably between 2-5 p.m.
• Sea Salt Healthy Kitchen – Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. The full, regular menu is available, along with some soup and entree specials. Takeout and free delivery are available. For curbside service, call customers can pay over the phone at (912) 268-4137, and follow their updates on Facebook.
• The Market at Sea Island – Hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Breakfast and lunch, made with fresh, local ingredients, are available for takeout. Homemade breads and sweet treats are always fresh out of the oven. While there, customers can browse the shelves for hard-to-find gourmet items, wine, cookbooks and even Sea Island gear.